A weed grinder is a perfect tool to complete your weed preparation kit. It helps you grind up your buds and perfect the result of your tobacco product. Without one, even if you have other tools like a grow tent and grow lights, your final product will suffer in terms of quality.
There is an overwhelming number of products available that all promise to get the job done. However, it’s essential to find a high-quality one that fits your needs. You want a functional grinder that will process your weed and let you roll better joints and get a cleaner burn.
We’ve done all the research to make the selection process easier for you. Here, we’ll review some of the best weed grinders on the market.
Don’t let its whimsical appearance fool you: this weed grinder is still incredibly functional! It comes with three chambers, which are the grinder, the reservoir with a screen, and the base compartment for kief.
The Monojoy’s teeth are all precisely angled to ensure ideal shredding. They’re sharp enough to cut up any tobacco products or herbs you may have.
With this weed grinder, the shredding process is silent and efficient. Its neodymium magnets secure the lid in place. Any leftover herbs you have will be fresh, and the odor will stay confined within the grinder.
Because of its small size, the Monojoy Herb Grinder may be ideal for the casual user of marijuana products. Or, you can pick up this weed grinder to liven up your meals! You can use this product as a spice grinder, so it’s perfect for cutting up small amounts of fresh herbs from your garden.
One downside to this product is its paint. While it does look nice, users have reported that it begins to chip off over time. With some extra care, you should be able to keep your Monojoy shredder in good condition.
- Included pollen scraper
- Neodymium magnets that reduce waste
- 3 metal chambers
- Diameter: 2″
- Height: 1.4″
- Good price
- Fun iridescent color scheme
- Great for traveling
- Buyers find it useful for grinding dried basil, mint, and rosemary in addition to tobacco products
- Size is small for a regular user
- The paint comes off over time
- No instructions included, so it may take some fiddling with to learn how to use it
The Monojoy Herb Grinder is a fun and productive product. It offers a bright array of colors and gets the job done for a very affordable price.
Though not as colorful as the Monojoy, the Knimach offers a smooth appearance. It’s all black with a simple gold-colored brand logo at the top, so it’s perfect if you want a more subtle-looking weed grinder. The storage compartment near the bottom of the grinder has windows, so you can keep track of how much marijuana you’ve ground.
Like the Monojoy, the Knimach utilizes neodymium magnets to secure the lid. These let you maintain the flavor of your herbs and keep them from spilling out.
The Knimach uses 53 specifically-designed diamond cutting teeth to get the job done. The product claims to cleanly chop your herbs rather than shredding or ripping them beyond use. This way, your herbs’ freshness, aroma, and flavor will be optimally maintained.
One fault we did find with the Knimach is herbs’ tendency to get stuck in the top compartment. To prevent this from happening, avoid over-stuffing the grinder. The storage compartment can store up to 6 tablespoons, so just be mindful that you don’t load more than this at a single time.
Knimach offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee. You can return it for any reason and receive a full refund with no questions asked. There’s also a lifetime warranty in place, so you can rest assured when making this purchase.
- 53 diamond-shaped cutting teeth
- Pollen scraper included
- 4-piece weed grinder
- 100-micron mesh screen
- Mid-price range
- Good return policy
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- Weed can get stuck in the top compartment
The Knimach is a luxury weed grinder available at a reasonable price.
The creators behind the product utilized a perfectly-sized hole pattern to give customers a perfect grind every time. A non-stick nylon O-ring promotes efficient grinding. This feature also prevents:
- Residue buildup, which can create unwanted odors
- Metal-on-metal contact, which can shorten the lifetime of your weed grinder
This product consists of aerospace-grade aluminum, which makes it resistant to scratches and ready to last for the long term.
On Amazon, some users have reported finding metal shavings in their final product. As long as you follow the setup and use instructions, this shouldn’t be an issue.
If you want a variety of color options, it’s worth taking a look at the ones that Masterdam has to offer. You can pick from more simple colors like black, gunmetal, and matte grey. If you want a weed grinder with a more intriguing design, like the Monojoy, the Masterdam also comes in shiny green or purple options.
At 2.5″ in diameter, it’s big enough to hold a sufficient amount of product. However, the grinder is lightweight and not too clunky to carry around.
- Diameter: 2.5″
- Constructed with aerospace-grade aluminum
- Neodymium magnets
- Mini pollen scraper included
- Comes in multiple color options
- Comes with Masterdam warranty
- Unique precision-hole pattern
- Higher quality compared to zinc alloy grinders
- On the higher price end
- Some users report finding metal pieces in their product
The Masterdam is a quality weed grinder that looks and feels extravagant. Though it’s priced a little higher than average, it’s well worth it for its multiple color options and efficient grinding.
The magnets do a solid job of keeping the lid on tight during the grinding process.
Even with this product’s low price, it competes in terms of the materials it uses. The construction consists of zinc alloy, which is pretty standard across most similar products.
It does only has 24 grinding teeth, so you may need to run your product through a few times to get a finer result.
- 24 grinding teeth
- 4-piece grinder
- 3 chambers
- Zinc alloy construction
- Magnetized lid
- Comes in multiple color options including black, grey, and gun grey
- Great price
- A fewer number of teeth compared to other weed grinders
This Ohuhu weed grinder is a great deal for someone who won’t be using theirs every day, multiple times a day. It will get the job done and last for the long term with moderate use. At this value, you won’t want to miss out on the Ohuhu!
The Golden Bell is a weed grinder manufactured with the highest quality materials. It’s primarily constructed from zinc alloy, and computerized machines complete the process to create the optimal final product.
The mesh screen filters even incredibly fine pollen, so you don’t have to worry about impurities being present in your herbs or tobacco products.
The Golden Bell is pretty small for a weed grinder. It’s 1.4″ in height and 2″ in diameter. Despite its smaller size, it is very compact and well-built. It has a balanced weight and comfortably stays upright. The thickness of the grinder is also adjusted to fit with the Golden Bell’s compact size.
Some users report that it is inefficient at grinding due to the number of teeth on this grinder. It only has 30, which differs from the 40-50 range on standard models. However, these 30 teeth are incredibly sharp and get the job done when you don’t stuff the grinder with too much product.
- Zinc alloy material
- Diameter: 2″
- Height: 1.4″
- Thin poly O-ring
- 30 sharp teeth
- Micron stainless steel mesh screen
- Very affordable
- Lifetime warranty
- Smoothing grinding process with little friction
- Effective mesh screen
- The ideal thickness and weight balance despite its small size
- Some users report inefficient grinding due to the low number of teeth
- The catch tray isn’t deep enough to grind a lot of product at one time
The Golden Bell is probably the cheapest weed grinder you’ll find on the market. Despite its low price, it is still functional and excellent value for its capabilities.
The Zip Grinders brand is famous in the marijuana world. Users trust it to produce quality herb jars, stash boxes, and other weed-related accessories. The performance of Zip Grinders’ weed grinder is indicative of the quality products the company has created.
The Zip Grinders weed grinder is nearly two times as big as typical grinders. It lets you store and shred up to 6 tablespoons of weed at a time.
With its clear chamber, you can watch the weed shredding process unfold. There are both a side and a top window. You don’t have to continually open the container to check if your weed is thoroughly shredded.
However, you should know that, with the Zip Grinders’ weed grinder, your weed will be thoroughly ground every time! With 49 sharp diamond teeth, this grinder will efficiently cut and fluff your herbs.
For maximum pollen collection, this grinder comes with a rounded base chamber and a stainless steel micron screen.
If you love the big size but want something smaller to work with on occasion, this weed grinder converts into a pocket-sized one. Feel free to take it with you on-the-go for convenience and simplicity!
- Diameter: 2.5″
- Height: 3.5″
- Rounded base chamber
- 49 sharp diamond teeth
- 4 separable pieces
- Non-stick nylon glide ring
- Bigger size than normal
- Also converts into a pocket-sized device
- Clear chamber for easy viewing
- Money-back guarantee
- The magnets that keep the lid closed are weak
- Occasional issues with teeth misalignment upon product arrival
If you’re an active and regular consumer of herbs or tobacco products, this product from Zip Grinders is the best weed grinder for you.
This weed grinder from Platinum Grinders boasts a construction of aircraft-grade aluminum, so you’ll be hard-pressed to find a product more durable than this one. It looks great too, as it has a black anodized finish. The finish protects the exterior of this grinder against flaking, peeling, scratches, and smudges.
A high-tech CNC (computer numerical control) machine manufactures each grinder for optimal quality and functionality. Like some of the other high-quality grinders on this list, this one comes equipped with neodymium magnets that keep the product’s lid secured shut.
If you think you’ll need to use a weed grinder regularly, this product is worth getting. It has textured grooves on both the bottom and top pieces. This way, you can keep a tight grip when you’re shredding your herbs or tobacco products.
The company prides itself on its distinctive “platinum” warranty. Under this policy, there is a 100% money-back guarantee with no hassle involved. Platinum Grinders has excellent customer service and place each customer’s satisfaction at the top of their priority list.
- 49 diamond-shaped teeth
- Diameter: 2.5″
- Mid-price range
- Good customer support
- Ideal weight for size
- The bottom piece collects kief efficiently
- Some users have found it difficult to separate the product’s 4 different pieces
- Some of the teeth consist of cheap plastic
This weed grinder from Platinum Grinders is perfect for achieving finely chopped herbs and tobacco products.
The Chromium Crusher is an economical choice, as it usually runs for around $15. Despite its low price, it’s constructed with quality materials, including CNC (computer numerical control) aluminum and heavy-duty zinc.
With a 3″ diameter, this weed grinder is larger than the 2-2.5″ ones you typically see. It’s a shallow but wide one, as the diameter is greater than the height of 1.75″. This design still allows for ample room for the herb shredding process. Because of its width and relatively short height, it makes for a great product to take with you on the go.
The Chromium Crushers’ holes are a bit large, so you may not get the fine result you may expect. However, it’s still efficient after being run through several times. Another way to combat this issue is by turning the Chromium Crusher upside down while it’s in use. The Chromium Crusher’s strong magnets will keep the lid in place, so there’s no need to worry about the spilled product.
Some users have experienced issues with the middle and top chambers becoming stuck together. If you experience this issue at first, you can resolve it with a little fiddling.
- Diameter: 3″
- Height: 1.75″
- Plastic O-ring
- Screens don’t warp
- Operates smoothly if you keep it clean
- Easy cleanup process
- Good for larger herbs
- Grinders’ holes are too large for some cases
- The top and middle chambers may get stuck on occasion
- Chromium Crusher leaves plant matter behind in the kief
The Chromium Crusher is the perfect compact weed grinder for travel and home use.
Despite going for around $20, this affordable product offers excellent value. From your first glance, you can tell its constructed with high-quality materials. It has a stylish black anodized finish. This protective layer keeps the grinder safe from peeling, flaking, and smudge marks.
At 2.5 inches, this Golden Gate Grinder is a perfect size. It’s a little bigger than the 2-inch grinders that you typically see. With this slightly bigger design, you can grind more herbs or tobacco.
This product’s mesh screen is stainless steel, ensuring it can stand the test of time. It collects even the finest of pollen, so you don’t have to worry about your herbs or tobacco-containing unwanted substances.
When you purchase this product, it comes with a bonus pollen scraper! The scraper makes it even easier to clean up any left-behind residue and continue using the grinder.
If you’re worried about being discreet with your use of herbs or tobacco, this Golden Gate product can offer you a sense of privacy. It uses strong neodymium magnets, which successfully keep its lid closed. This way, the odor that’s released is controlled. Plus, this secured lid keeps your product fresh and ready for consumption.
Users have reported that the Golden Gate Grinder shreds tobacco and herbs to the perfect consistency. It utilizes sharp diamond cutting teeth that deliver effortless shredding. With this product, you don’t have to worry about re-grinding because of big clumps.
- Constructed with aircraft-grade aluminum
- A stainless steel mesh screen
- Neodymium magnets
- Four pieces
- Can hold around an eighth of an ounce
- Pretty affordable
- A smooth look with a protective coat
- Lifetime warranty (covers any issues that may arise)
- Silent and efficient shredding
- Slightly shallow holding area for tobacco or herbs
This Golden Gate Grinder is arguably one of the sleekest looking products on this list. Plus, it has some impressive grinding capabilities and features.
- The first compartment features sharp metal teeth that grind your tobacco or herbs.
- The second compartment features a 500-micron screen. This screen filters out pollen and other unwanted residues.
- All of the unwanted byproducts deposit in the third compartment.
The GSTAR comes in the “gunmetal” color, which makes for a very sleek-looking product. Even though it’s not the most durable weed grinder on the market, there’s no need to let this stop you from finalizing the sale. It comes with a lifetime warranty, so you can rest assured of your purchase.
Like the Golden Gate Grinder, the GSTAR comes with a bonus pollen scraper. This tool makes the cleanup process super simple.
One of the things we love most about this product is its ability to keep the grinder lid in place. The GSTAR’s powerful magnets ensure you don’t have to worry about unfortunate drops or spills. You can keep your tobacco or herbs secured for efficient grinding and convenience.
One downside is if you take out this product’s mesh piece, it won’t separate your kief.
Also, some users have found that the weed accumulates in the magnets. However, this excess weed usually isn’t too big of an issue.
Another issue worth noting is the difficulty of aligning the second and third compartments. They sometimes become stuck, but it’s easy to dislodge them and continue with your herb shredding.
- 500-micron screen in the second compartment
- Zinc alloy construction
- Comes with a pollen scraper
- Size: 2″
- Mid-price range
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- Easy cleanup process
- Somewhat flimsy design
- May need to turn it over to get a finer final result
- Weed may get stuck in the GSTAR’s magnets
- Compartments may not align easily
Even though some users have reported issues, most have been satisfied with the GSTAR’s look and functionality.
What to Look for When Purchasing a Weed Grinder – Buyer’s Guide
Weed grinders are great for:
- Preserving your weed’s aroma and flavor
- Speeding up the shredding process
- Increasing the potency of your final product
If you’re unsure of where to begin purchasing one, this comprehensive buyer’s guide is just for you!
What Features Should I Consider?
It can be easy to purchase the first cheaply-priced weed shredder you come across. While one of these cheap models may fit your needs, you should be aware of how various models differ from one another:
- Material: The materials you’ll most often see include wood, acrylic, and metal. Wood ones have an aesthetic appeal, but their teeth are usually dull. Acrylic shredders can be even more delicate than wooden ones, but they’re the cheapest ones you’ll find. Metal ones are the most durable, so a metal shredder may be the way to go if you’re looking to make a long-term investment.
- Design: Consider the color and overall design of your potential purchase. Some weed shredders have neutral color schemes, while others offer a fun pop of color. Make sure the shredder you purchase has an ergonomic design that provides a comfortable grip if this is high on your priority list.
- Teeth: The best weed grinders often have around 50 teeth. They can have more or less depending on the specific brand. In most cases, the more teeth the shredder has, the better its performance will be. Try to get a shredder with diamond-shaped teeth, as these let you process your tobacco products more finely.
Here are some of the following places where you can pick up a weed shredder for yourself:
- A dispensary or other store that sells equipment related to marijuana growing
- A home goods store, which will market the product as an herb grinder
- Online sites like Amazon
If you’re interested in a money-back guarantee or a lifetime warranty, make sure the seller you plan on buying from offers these incentives.
Number of Compartments
Weed shredders usually come with 1-3 compartments:
- One compartment: These products are cheap but produce a product that is inconsistent ground.
- Two compartments: These are still pretty affordable and give you more consistently ground weed.
- Three compartments: Three-compartment grinders give you the highest quality weed possible and also collect kief and pollen.
Give some thought to the size of your ideal weed grinder. Smaller ones usually range from 1.5-2 inches in diameter. While this may not seem like a lot, these shredders are perfect for travelers and casual users.
Mid-sized grinders at around 2.5 inches in diameter are available as well. This unit is a good middle ground and lets you prepare more product at a time.
If you need a monster-sized shredder, opt for one with around a 3.5- or 4-inch diameter. These let you prepare a significant amount of product. However, because of their large size, these products can be dangerous to use. Just be attentive during the preparation process and aware of the sharp teeth involved.
How to Use
Learn how to use a weed grinder correctly:
- Analyze your pile of buds. If there are any too-large pieces, break them up by hand.
- Remove the grinder’s lid.
- Place the medium-sized buds in the container and disperse them evenly. Close the lid and lock it.
- With the lid secured in place, you can gently spin it to cut up your weed. We recommend rotating it around 10 to 12 times.
How to Clean
Weed grinders should be easy to clean and maintain. As long as you stay on top of their maintenance, you shouldn’t experience any issues.
Follow these steps for cleaning your weed shredder:
- If needed, place your grinder in the freezer. Freezing cannabis will make it easier to scrape up any loose plant matter later.
- Take all of the pieces apart.
- Use a toothpick or a soft-bristled brush to clean each component individually. Do not use metal to scrape the product.
- Soak all of the pieces in isopropyl alcohol to sterilize your product and break down any leftover pieces of plant matter.
- Remove the pieces from the alcohol and rinse them with warm water.
- Pat the pieces dry and put them back together.
We recommend cleaning yours after each use. This way, you can efficiently remove any stuck pieces and ensure your product’s longevity.
There are plenty of weed grinders out there, and all of them have the potential to meet your needs. For example, the Monojoy makes for a fun accessory to carry around and is available at a fantastic price. On the other end of the spectrum, the Masterdam boasts higher quality materials, but you’ll need to dig a little deeper into your pockets to afford this item.
Consider what’s important to you when purchasing a product like this and evaluate your individual preferences, needs, and budgets. Use these reviews on the best weed grinders to find the product that’s right for you.