If you think avocado is the newest superfood totem for millennials, think again.
There is another superfood that will soon leave its mark on the wellness industry. And while the superfood itself is nothing new — humans have been using honey as a neutral remedy for centuries — its infusion into CBD has given it a completely new look.
A modern look, we should say.
Did you hear about CBD honey sticks?
This sweet, sticky product gifted to us by bees is one of the best things you can combine CBD with. Doing so gives you the best of both worlds, which includes honey’s ability to soothe burns, heal wounds, supply energy, and rid the body of harmful bacteria, as well as CBD’s capacity to reduce pain and anxiety.
Here we explain everything you need to know about CBD honey sticks.
What Are CBD Honey Sticks?
CBD honey sticks, also known as honey straws, are exactly what they sound like: straws filled with CBD-infused honey that you can throw in your backpack or pocket for a delicious, on-the-go- CBD treat.
These delicious products look like drinking straw, but some people call them honey straws because you can use them just like any other straw. CBD honey sticks contain a mixture of pure honey and hemp extract.
If the extract is full-spectrum, your honey sticks will also contain other cannabinoids, including traces of THC, terpenes, and flavonoids that boost the efficacy of CBD.
CBD honey sticks come in two forms: liquid and solid.
The solid CBD honey stick is like a hard candy that you can dissolve in a hot beverage or simply suck on it. The liquid is just CBD honey in a tube container.
In this article, we’re going to cover the liquid CBD honey sticks because they are cleaner and often easier to find, both locally and online.
Our Favorite CBD Honey Sticks: Gold Bee
Gold Bee offers broad-spectrum CBD-infused honey sticks that you can buy in 10-count and 60-count containers, with each piece carrying a convenient dose of 10 mg of pure CBD.
The broad spectrum means that the extract contains CBD and other non-psychoactive cannabinoids, but without any traces of THC. The honey used in these sticks comes from the organic Brazilian Rainforest, and the hemp is sourced from local farms in Colorado.
This novel product offers an effective source of immunity boost, digestive health benefits, antibacterial properties, and all-natural goodness offered by CBD and honey.
How to Use CBD Honey Sticks?
CBD honey sticks offer a jolt of energy delivered in a simple way. They have become a popular snack to consume during outdoor activities or on road trips. They even work as a pick-me-up- treat for those who consistently need to keep their energy levels on a decent level at work.
This product is super easy to use. Here’s how to take CBD honey sticks:
- Remove the CBD honey stick from the packet.
- Bite or cut off one end of the tube
- Suck on the tube as if you were drinking water with a straw to receive the CBD-infused goodness.
As mentioned, you can also incorporate CBD honey sticks into your favorite drinks or spread it over a sweet breakfast.
No heating. No vaporizing. No need to use high-tech equipment.
Just the old-school consumption method.
Dosage: How Many CBD Honey Sticks Should You Take?
There are some general guidelines you can follow to get an idea of how much CBD oil you should take. The general rule of thumb is to always start on the low side and gradually increase the dose until you find a sweet spot. Once you’ve found a dose that works for you, you can stick to it because you can’t build a tolerance to CBD.
Because CBD honey sticks come prepackaged, you know how much CBD you can find in each piece. Using dosage instructions from the package should also help you determine the right amount of CBD for you.
If your CBD honey sticks contain about 10 mg per stick, you should be fine taking ½ – 2 sticks throughout the day for general supplementation depending on your weight, age, metabolism, and CBD goals.
Experts generally recommend that you take 1 to 6 milligrams of CBD daily for every 10 pounds of your weight. These recommendations are based on guidelines for people who want to use CBD for pain relief.
Again, nothing will beat a systematic trial-and-error method if you want to find a precise dose.
Do CBD Honey Sticks Get You High?
No, CBD honey sticks won’t get you high because they simply don’t contain enough THC. 0.3% can enhance the benefit of a hemp extract to some extent, and can’t induce intoxication. That being said, if you’re particularly concerned about taking any THC in your product, you can look for CBD honey sticks made from a broad-spectrum extract or CBD isolate.
What Are the Benefits of CBD Honey Sticks?
The greatest benefit of CBD honey sticks is that they are extremely portable and easy to use on-the-go. You don’t have to play with droppers, swallow hard pills, or load a vape pen every time you need to take CBD. CBD honey sticks only require you to unwrap the box, cut out the end of the tube, and suck the golden goodness.
When it comes to health and wellness, CBD honey sticks offer a wide range of benefits, such as:
- Ease anxiety and depression
- Inhibit cancer cell growth
- Mediate psychotic behavior
- Reduce seizure activity
- Ease nausea
- Reduce swelling
- Slow down the progression of neurodegenerative disorders
What Are the Side Effects?
CBD has a well-established safety profile — and so does honey.
The side effects of CBD are few and nearly nonexistent in regular doses. Nevertheless, taking too much CBD oil at a time may result in:
- Dry mouth
- Changes in appetite
On top of these few mild side effects, CBD can interfere with your liver’s ability to break down active compounds in drugs because it engages with the same system of enzymes as most prescription and nonprescription medications.
We strongly recommend consulting your doctor before incorporating CBD honey sticks into your diet.
Can You Make CBD Honey Sticks at Home?
Yes, it’s a viable option. It takes a bit of time and effort, but the end result is a high-quality enjoyable honey stick that you can take anywhere.
There are three major steps involved in the process:
- Decarboxylation of hemp flower
- Cooking CBD honey
- Infusing CBD honey into sticks
Let’s see how to make the first two products in the section below.
DIY CBD Honey Recipe
- 15 grams of high-CBD hemp flower
- 2 cups of local organic honey
- Baking sheet
- Quart canning jar with lid
- Decarboxylate your hemp flower by baking it in the preheated oven (240 F) for about 40-60 minutes.
- Wrap the decarboxylated hemp in cheesecloth and tie it closed with a small piece of string. Then, place the cheesecloth in the quart jar.
- Pour 2 cups of honey into the jar and place it in your slow cooker. Pour enough water in the device so that it covers all the honey in the jar. Cover the slow cooker with the lid.
- Set the device to LOW and cook for 8 hours, checking back every 2 or 3 hours to make sure there’s not too much pressure in the jar.
- After 8 hours, turn off the slow cooker and let the honey come to room temperature. When the honey is cool enough, remove the cheesecloth from the jar and squeeze out as much of the honey as you can.
- Move on to making your own CBD honey sticks.
DIY CBD Honey Sticks Recipe
- CBD honey
- Empty honey bear
- Small candle
- Paper towels
- Grab your honey bear and fill it with your DIY CBD honey.
- Replace the lid and place one end of the straw over the nozzle of the honey bear.
- Maintain a tight hold over the straw, squeezing your CBD honey into the tube. Remember to leave about an inch of space between the open end of the straw and the honey.
- Keep pressing on the honey bar or the honey will be sucked back into it.
- Remove the end of the straw that sits on the honey bear nozzle and pull the honey bear out, setting it aside.
- Light the candle. Using one pair of needle-nose pliers, hold one end of your straw about ¼ of an inch from the opening. Make sure to keep the opposite end elevated or, at least, level.
- Use your unoccupied hand to pick up the other pair of pliers. Hold the straw close to the flame until you see the plastic melting.
- Remove the straw from the flame and seal it down on the melted plastic with the other pail of pliers.
- Hold the end of your honey straw until the plastic seals tightly.
- Repeat the last 4 steps on the other end of the straw.
Voila! You’ve just made your own DIY CBD honey stick. Repeat the whole process if you want to make a few more of those. You can store them in a drawer or throw them in a box or Ziploc bag, and take them anywhere with you.
What Else Should You Know About CBD Honey Sticks?
Before you enter the kitchen with a mission to make a whole batch of your own CBD honey sticks, we suggest buying the premade ones first. Order them online or visit your local dispensary to see if they stock this type of CBD. Then you can then see how often you actually use them — or if you even like CBD honey sticks in the first place.
What are your thoughts on CBD honey sticks? Do you think it’s a good way to ingest CBD? Or should they rather be considered an enjoyable addition to traditional formats like CBD oil or edibles?
Let us know in the comment section below!