Spacey Banana Nut Bread Recipe
When it comes to advice on cannabis edibles, my friend Amber Senter is who I have always gone to over the years. She is second to none when it comes to all things edibles, and she was kind enough to offer up the recipe below for Weed News readers. Enjoy:
This recipe will show how to make a classic space cake, a special infused banana bread. In order to get high and feel the effects from cannabis, you’ll need to decarboxylate it. Decarboxylation is a chemical reaction that removes a carboxyl group and releases carbon dioxide (CO2). This process activates the cannabis, making it bioavailable to the body. For the best results, we decarb using the NOVA decarboxylator by Ardent. Click here to learn more about the science of decarboxylation.
In our recipe we are using bubble hash as our cannabis material. You can use flower, kief, or concentrates also. Just be sure to decarb your material before using it. To decarb, you can place your cannabis material in the oven for 27 minutes at 275 degrees F. To get 30-50% more out of the material we recommend using the Ardent precision decarboxylator.
6 tbsp butter
2 grams of decarbed bubble hash, finely chopped
2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
3 overripe bananas, mashed
8 oz. container sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp ground cinnamon
Dash of nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1-1/2 tsp baking soda
2-1/4 c. all purpose flour
2/3 c. chopped walnuts (optional)
This recipe makes 2 loafs of spacey banana bread, about 24 – 3/4″ slices.
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease two 9″x7-1/2″ loaf pans with butter or cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, cream the butter, decarbed bubble hash and sugar together. Then, mix in eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon. Once that’s all incorporated mix in salt, baking soda and flour. Then stir in the nuts if you want to use them. Divide the batter into prepared pans.
3. Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from loaf pans and cool on racks.
* Use good grade bubble hash. I used hash from 120, 90, 73 and 45 micron bags. I used 2 grams of hash in this recipe. Use more or less cannabis material depending on the type of material and your tolerance level. You can use flowers, kief or concentrates.
* Use good quality ingredients. I used Madagascar vanilla and Saigon cinnamon. The best ingredients yield a superior product.
* Wrap the bread in plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator once it has cooled. It freezes well also, just put it in a freezer bag after it’s been wrapped in plastic wrap.
* Use caution when storing your infused edibles and be sure to keep them out of reach of children and pets. It’s a good idea to label your infused edibles.
* I recommend slicing the bread into 3/4 inch slices. Start by eating half a piece, wait 1.5-2 hours and then try the second half if you wish. Get to know your proper dose.