The Dept. of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) and the Bureau of Medical Marihuana Regulation (BMMR) announced today the date, time and location of an educational session designed to familiarize license applicants on many key details of the industry’s regulatory framework.
The educational session will include presentations on the following topics:
- Keith Lambert, the Director of the Bureau of Construction Codes, will discuss important items to know – and specific steps to follow – when designing and constructing medical marihuana facilities.
- Greg Kozak, an on-site Industrial Hygiene Consultant with Michigan Occupational Safety and Health (MIOSHA), will present an overview of the MIOSHA standards and regulations potentially impacting the medical cannabis industry in Michigan.
- Kevin Sehlmeyer, State Fire Marshal, and Brian William, Plan Review Specialist, will provide an overview of National Fire Protection Association standards.
- Brandi Branson-Boone, a departmental analyst in the Business Taxes Division of the Michigan Department of Treasury, will be assisting with navigation of the Michigan Treasury Online (MTO) – Treasury’s web services portal.
The educational session will take place on March 26 in East Lansing and will be live-streamed on the web for those unable to attend in person:
Monday, March 26, 2018
8:00 AM – Noon
Kellogg Conference Center
219 South Harrison Road
East Lansing, MI 48823
Streaming link will be available on the bureau’s website: www.michigan.gov/medicalmarihuana
It is not necessary to register in order to watch the livestream
To attend in person, license applicants must register in advance. There is no cost to attend the medical marihuana educational session but – due to space constraints – license applicants must register at https://www.metrc.com/michigan by 5:00 PM on March 9, 2018 to guarantee themselves entrance to the event. Click “Sign up for Educational Session” and then enter the following information:
- Business Name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Have you applied locally yet?
If so, date of application.
- Have you applied at the state yet?
If so, date of application.
Due to capacity issues, attendee identification will be checked at the door.
The LARA educational session is not a board meeting and there will not be time set aside for public comment. Any questions that license applicants would like answered during this educational session should be emailed to LARA-MedicalMarihuana@michigan.gov by 5:00 PM on March 9, 2018.
The educational session will be an informative presentation and will not interfere with the authority of the Medical Marihuana Licensing Board or the Advisory Panel as provided under the Medical Marihuana Facilities Licensing Act. Attendance at the educational session will not affect a potential licensee’s application. Any information or feedback provided at the educational sessions is merely advisory.