Thanksgiving week is upon us, and I am already daydreaming about all of the food that I am going to eat later this week. One thing that is a must for Thanksgiving in my family is mashed potatoes. This year, like last year, I intend to make my mashed potatoes extra special by incorporating cannabis into them.
Cannabis mashed potatoes are extremely easy to make. It’s basically just regular mashed potatoes, but with cannabutter instead of regular butter. I use the following recipe (stolen from my grandma!), but as with regular mashed potatoes, you can always zest it up with additional ingredients, or use a little more butter to make it creamier.
Cannabis mashed potato ingredients:
6 large Yukon Gold potatoes
4 tablespoons cannabis butter (cannabutter)
⅓ cup whole milk
1. Peel and quarter potatoes.
2. Bring a gallon of water and 2 tablespoons salt to a boil over high heat.
3. Add potatoes to boiling water and boil about 15 to 20 minutes (until you can stab them with a knife and the potato falls off, but doesn’t lose its form).
4. In a saucepan heat cannabutter and milk together until cannabutter melts and mixture steams.
5. Drain the potatoes well and return them to the pot.
6. Using a potato masher, mash hot potatoes until smooth.
7. Lightly mix in about half of the cannabutter/milk mixture, until blended.