Summer is right around the corner and if you are like me then you like to consume tasty beverages in addition to consuming cannabis. I have always been a fan of margaritas when the weather is warm, and now I have a recipe to make extra special margaritas that are infused with cannabis.
8 ounces silver tequila*
3 ounces orange liqueur
4 ounces fresh lime juice
1 oz Grand Marnier or Anejo Rum (as a float)
4 lime wheels
4 cups of ice
*Use mezcal instead for a smoky flavor or OJ to make it non-alcoholic.
You’ll also need…
1 NOVA Lift
1 High-powered blender
1/4 gram starting material**
**See our dosing guide so you can decide how much cannabis to add to your batch of margaritas. You’ll notice you don’t need much! Start low, around 10mg or less per serving.
Warning: Mixing alcohol and cannabis needs to be done carefully and safely. We recommend starting with a very small dose. You can always have another drink, but you can’t have less! Never drive or operate machinery after having an infused cocktail. And wait until you feel the effects before you have another round (it may take longer than you think).
Difficulty level: Easy
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Makes 4 drinks
** Extra time needed for activation and infusion. See our infusion guide*
1. Activate your cannabis in the NOVA Lift.
2. Remove your activated material and grind into fine powder. Set aside.
3. Add the silver tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice and ice to your blender. Blend until slushy, adding more ice if you need.
4. Add activated, ground bud and blend another 30 seconds.
5. Pour immediately into 4 glasses (salt rim optional), adding your Grand Marnier or Anejo Rum “float” to the top of each drink. Garnish with lime wedges and enjoy!
This recipe was republished with special permission from Ardent