How To Make Marijuana-Infused Pumpkin Pie
One of my favorite parts about Fall is the increased presence of pumpkin pie. I am not a pumpkin spice latte fan, but I am a fan of pumpkin pie. There’s just something about the texture that makes it enjoyable, especially with some whipped cream. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day, and chances are that if you are reading this, you are looking to make a pumpkin pie for a Danksgiving event.
Below is the recipe that I am using for my Danksgiving celebration that I am having with friends and family, which was e-mailed to me by a reader:
8 ounces of softened cream cheese
2 cups of mashed pumpkin (canned)
1 cup of sugar
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 complete egg
2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
1 cup of half-and-half
1/4 cup of cannabis butter (cannabutter)
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1 piece pre-made pie dough
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place the pre-made pie dough into a 9″ pie pan. Keep the pie shell in the freezer for an hour to firm up.
3. Cover the inside of the firmed up pie shell with aluminum foil.
4. Fill the pie crust up to the edges with pie weights or dried beans (I am doing dried beans) to help it keep its form and place it in the oven. Bake for 10 minutes.
5. Pull it out of the oven, remove the foil and pie weights/dried beans and bake for another 10 minutes by itself until the crust is dried out and beginning to change color.
6. In a large mixing bowl beat the cream cheese with a hand mixer.
7. Add the pumpkin and beat the cream cheese and pumpkin combo until it’s combined.
8. Add the sugar and salt, eggs mixed with the yolks, half-and-half, and melted cannabutter, and beat until it’s all combined.
9. Add the vanilla and cinnamon and beat the mixture until it’s all combined.
10. Pour the mixture into the warm prepared pie crust and bake for 50 minutes.
11. Place the pie on a wire rack and cool to room temperature. Then serve it with whipped cream (optional).